1/2 Cup Hemp hearts (hemp seeds)
1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds
1/2 Cup Walnuts or pecans
1/4 Cup Ground flax seeds
3/4 Cup Finely chopped veggies (combination of celery, onion, fresh parsley, and/or red pepper – some of each is best, but ratio doesn’t matter)
2 Tbsp Ground chia seeds
1 Tbsp Water
2 Tsp Lemon juice
1 Garlic clove
1 Tsp Sea salt
2 Tsp Dried dill (optional)
1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Add all ingredients (except hemp hearts and chopped veggies) to your food processor. Process until well mixed. Transfer into a large bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients (hemp hearts and chopped veggies) to mixture in large bowl. Mix with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
3. Line dehydrator trays with parchment paper.
4. Form patties with your hands—approximately 1/2″ thick. Place on trays. Patties should not touch one another.
5. Dehydrate 115˚F for 1.5 hours. Reduce to 95˚F and dehydrate for another 5 hours. Once burger patties are holding together and firming up nicely, remove parchment paper and continue dehydrating until they reach desired veggie burger consistency.